Tuesday 1 April 2014

New eBird features!!

I'm pretty excited about a few new eBird features that I just had sent my way. It looks like we should see these all implemented by the end of April!

Anyways, here are the new features we can look forward to:

You'll probably notice the new details you can now include with each of your checklists:

-Hyper Details finally lets you record things like relative size of the bird, the mood of the bird, and perhaps best of all, the mood of the bird. I don't know how many times in the past I've wished there had been a spot in eBird to record some of those, especially mood. It'll take me a while to go back through all of my field notebooks to extract that data.

-Extreme Location lets you include coordinates for every individual bird you see. Personally, I've already been doing this for a while so it is nice to finally be able to include the coordinates of each individual Red-winged Blackbird (example) I see. It will sure be nice to be able to see each of those records on my personal map (another new feature being rumored!).

It's always nice to hear about the new features eBird is going to be releasing and I hope you're as excited as I am!


2 comments: